What milk should I drink if I’m lactose intolerant?
If you have lactose intolerance, try drinking lactose-free milk such as Lactaid or Lacteeze. These types of milk contain an enzyme called lactase, which breaks down the lactose in milk, making it easier for you to digest.
What are the brands of lactose-free milk?
Lactose-Free Milk Is Readily Available
- National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse: Lactose Intolerance.
- Lactaid: Lactaid Fat Free Milk.
- Organic Valley: Lactose Free.
- Shamrock Farms: Calcium Plus Milk: Pour 100% More.
- Dean Foods: Nutrition.
- Walmart: Lactose-Free Milk.
- Lactaid: Lactaid Chocolate Lowfat Milk.
What is the healthiest dairy free milk?
The 7 Healthiest Milk Options
- Hemp milk. Hemp milk is made from ground, soaked hemp seeds, which do not contain the psychoactive component of the Cannabis sativa plant. …
- Oat milk. …
- Almond milk. …
- Coconut milk. …
- Cow’s milk. …
- A2 milk. …
- Soy milk.
Is it OK to drink milk if you are lactose intolerant?
Folks with lactose intolerance should be drinking milk. But let’s not stop there – cheese and yogurt should be on the menu, too. Recent research found that folks with lactose intolerance can tolerate up to 1 cup of milk in one sitting.
Can a lactose intolerant person drink almond milk?
Almond milk contains no cow’s milk or other animal products, making it a great option for people following a vegan diet and those who are lactose intolerant or allergic to milk. … Being dairy-free, almond milk contains no lactose at all, making it a suitable milk replacement for people with lactose intolerance.
What are the 4 types of lactose intolerance?
Types of lactose intolerance
- Primary lactose intolerance (normal result of aging) This is the most common type of lactose intolerance. …
- Secondary lactose intolerance (due to illness or injury) …
- Congenital or developmental lactose intolerance (being born with the condition) …
- Developmental lactose intolerance.
Why does lactose free milk hurt my stomach?
That’s because your small intestine isn’t making enough of the enzyme lactase. Lactase breaks down milk sugar so your bloodstream can absorb it well. A milk allergy can cause stomach pain, bloating, and diarrhea, too.
Does lactose free milk cause inflammation?
Most research suggests that milk and dairy products do not promote inflammation.
Is Lactaid milk bad for you?
Lactose-free cow’s milk, offers strong health benefits. Nutrients: Lactose-free milk contain the same amount of calcium, vitamin A, vitamin D and protein as regular milk and dairy products. Health benefits: Drinking lactose-free milk can prevent the symptoms of lactose intolerance.