What naturally contains gluten?
Sources of Gluten
- Varieties and derivatives of wheat such as: …
- Malt in various forms including: malted barley flour, malted milk or milkshakes, malt extract, malt syrup, malt flavoring, malt vinegar.
- Brewer’s Yeast.
What is everything that has gluten?
Gluten is the general term for a protein found in wheat, barley, rye, and triticale. All forms of wheat contain gluten, including durum, spelt, and farro. Many everyday food products have gluten, such as pasta, bread, and beer.
Do eggs have gluten?
Yes, eggs are naturally gluten-free.
However, eggs are often at a high risk for cross-contact due to the ways they are prepared.
What foods do you avoid on a gluten-free diet?
Avoid all gluten-containing foods such as bagels, breads, cakes, candy, cereals, crackers, cookies, dressing, flour tortillas, gravy, ice cream cones, licorice, malts, rolls, pretzels, pasta, pizza, pancakes, sauces, stuffing, soy sauce, veggie burgers, vegetarian bacon/vegetarian chicken patties (many vegetarian meat …
What foods to eat that are gluten-free?
Many naturally gluten-free foods can be a part of a healthy diet:
- Fruits and vegetables.
- Beans, seeds, legumes and nuts in their natural, unprocessed forms.
- Lean, nonprocessed meats, fish and poultry.
- Most low-fat dairy products.